Wednesday, December 12, 2012

{Cake Ball ART} Frosty the Snowglobe!

I love this time of year for a lot of different reasons. One of which is the fact that there are SO many fun ideas floating around the web-o-sphere! Seriously, EVERY time I get online I find more projects to add to my To-Do list. I've been pinning like a lunatic...just....can't....stop!

Recently there have been some AWWWwwww-inspiring projects using jars that have had me totally swooning. Anders Ruff created some adorable EDIBLE Snowglobes as part of her recent Wintry Wonderland Dessert display {featured on Amy Atlas HERE}. I had an instant NEED to make a spin-off. I could just SEE a happy, little Cake Ball Snowman staring out at me and knew I had to make it happen.

So here he is! FROSTY THE SNOWGLOBE! Not to pat myself on the back...but seriously...EEeek...he's just too cute to eat (almost!)


I added a few swirly Christmas Trees to help set the scene, and then sprinkled the ground with glistening snow.


 There are SO many ways you could vary this concept to make it your own! This little guy is going to be a sweet centerpiece at a holiday party we're attending.

I didn't take step-by-step photos...honestly...I just kinda snuck this project in while I was working on orders. I had everything I used to make this around the house...with the exception of the clear plastic tray I used under the "globe". I picked a couple of those up in the plant section a few days ago.

If you want to make one here's what I used:
- a glass bowl us use as the globe (think fish or flower bowls...mine was about 6 inches in diameter)
-a tray to arrange the food scene on (I used a plant tray)
-a decorative platter or cake stand (or in my case both) to put the completed project on for display
-cake balls, rolled and ready to dip
-graham crackers (use these as the base for your snowman)
-ice cream cones (the "pointy" ones), dipped and sprinkled to create trees
-white chocolate for dipping
-black candy melt for the eyes/buttons/mouth
-brown edible marker for the arms
-crystal sanding sugar to decorate, assorted colors
-regular sugar to fill your base
-Skittles or M&Ms work great for the earmuffs :)

If you have any technical questions let me know! I hope this gives YOU some inspiration too!

Happy baking!
Audrey


I'm LINKING UP!
You can find TONS of inspiration by visiting these WEEKLY LINK PARTIES!
I always do...and I'm sharing this project with them NOW!

Monday
Making Mondays Marvelous hosted by C.R.A.F.T.
Made by you Monday hosted by Skip to My Lou
Monday Link Up Party hosted by Making the World Cute
Just Something I Whipped Up hosted by The Girl Creative
Market Yourself Monday hosted by Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Creative Me hosted by The Southern Institute

Tuesday
Get your Craft On Tuesday hosted by Today's Creative Blog
Take-A-Look Tuesday hosted by Sugar Bee Crafts
Show Me What Ya Got hosted by Not JUST a Housewife

Lil' Luna Link Party hosted by Lil' Luna

Wednesday
We’re Organized Wednesday @ Organize and decorate Everything
Penny Pinching Party @ The Thrifty Home 
We Did It @ Sew Much Ado 
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Show off your Stuff @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Show and Share @ Southern Lovely

Thursday
Strut your stuff @ Somewhat Simple
100 Ideas under $100 @ Beyond the Picket Fence
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage 

Tablescape Thursday @ BNOTP 
Hooking up with HoH @ House of Hepworths

Lovely Things Thursday @ Modern Modest Beauty 

Friday
Feature Yourself Friday
hosted by Fingerprints on the Fridge
Friday Flair
hosted by Whipperberry
Catch as Catch Can
hosted by My Repurposed Life

Pin Me Linky Party @ Diana Rambles

Saturday
Saturday night special @ Funky Junk
Check me out Saturday @ A vision to remember
Saturday Is crafty day @ Along for the Ride
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots and Jello
Show and Tell @ Be Different Act Normal 
Your Great Idea Saturdays @ Or so she says

14 comments:

  1. He's so cute!!! I think I may need to take up cake ball making this coming year. It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty much the cutest thing ever! Love the earmuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is real art. I'm so impress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday - Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest thing! Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/6-crafts-and-recipes-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Such a great idea, and it looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously one of the most adorable things I've ever seen! I will be featuring it on my blog on Saturday!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Thanks!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at Sugar Bee Crafts - you were featured yesterday!
    --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy!!! There were tons of fun ideas in your link-up...as always! ;) So happy to be featured!

      Delete